1. There’s always someone’s house dirtier than yours.
2. Seldom is something so rare that it will never cross your path again.
3. Competition is not always the best form of action.
4.Death brings out the worst in families.
5. A thing is a thing and only a thing. A memory makes the thing special. You can keep the memory with or without keeping the thing.
6. An items worth is what someone is willing to pay.
7. We most regret the one that got away.
8. You never know someone, really, until you go through their drawers.
9. The auction business is perhaps the first and oldest form of recycling.
10. People lie when you die.
11. There is a spirit world and some spirits attach themselves to their favorite things, be it bed, book or chest of drawers.
12. The more I see, the less I want.
13. It’s often about the thrill of the hunt.
Stay tuned one and as we plan for the end of Summer and Fall Auctions!
We’ ll be having some special sessions coming up that will include fresh to the market estate coins, more from our fashionista collector of great costume jewelry and cloture, as well as as many unique and varied antiques and collectibles from local estates! Follow here or on Facebook for the latest!
Next sale is August 10 in our Hillsborough Gallery. We will have some fine museum quality artwork, a large selection of sterling pieces and many 19C and early 20C antiques!
So many more original pieces and lithographs from the 20 century…
Don’t miss this fabulous auction!
to one of our best auctions, yet!
We are so proud to be bringing to the auction gallery, objects from two deep seated Southern Estates. Our first, is a longtime Durham Resident, name respectfully withheld, who is preparing for his next phase of life in a retirement scenario. He is a long time collector of fine art and shiny objects, such as Sterling Silver.
Our other client, the Brown’s of Southern Pines, own a wonderful Dallas like Race Horse Farm in Southern Pines.
They collected only the best. We have from them Exquisite Carpets, Sterling Silver, 19C Porcelain, Period Furnishings and everything in between. The finds in the “barn” will provide Fantastic Primitives and Architectural Elements. In fact, this load will be arriving this afternoon!
Please plan to attend Sunday. We welcome reserved seating, absentee and telephone bidding. The gallery will be comfortable with free Wi-Fi and handcrafted culinary delights from Ginger.
By visiting the following link, you, too will be able to view the treasures: http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionlist.cgi?vuid=1034
See you Sunday.
Ok, folks, here is tomorrow, Sunday’s auction schedule:
Due to extenuating circumstances for our Friday Vinyl Record Auction, we have had to bump that sale to Sunday morning at 11:00 am. The gallery is full of thousands of LPs, 45s and 78s just waiting to hit the auction block.
We now will also at 11:30 be running our “lightening round” auction simultaneously of boxed and surplus items outside under the tents on a beautiful spring day.
At 1:00 pm, we will all be inside as we begin the main sale of the day with estate antiques, collectibles, decorator items and more.
Yes, that a lot going on. Don’t we know it. Something for everyone. Spread the word!
Everyday, a different adventure.
The thrill of the hunts burns inside….